|Artistide Despres has designed one of the LEA sims. I have taken photos for Quan´s Travelogues. See more pictures on her blog and read the interesting interview with the artist speaking about her themes.|
Dienstag, 29. Mai 2012
Sonntag, 27. Mai 2012
Short film by Mikey Please. He used models made from foam to create the characteres and it took him countless hours of catching the positions with the camera. The story is based on an old man´s apperception of time and how to change it. The film has won the British Academy Film Award 2011.
Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012
Damn! I´ve got a cane on my head. OUCH Dings Digital! Couldn´t you throw it a bit lower ??? Hmmm ... Throwing a cane means: someone (a blog owner) asks you five questions and you have to ask five questions to another blogger. It is a pyramid scheme but nevertheless some fun. So I will post the rules and then select some other bloggers. The rules:
- Set a link to the blogger who has given you the cane
- Answer the questions.
- Then throw the cane on five other bloggers.
- Tell these persons that they have received a cane.
- Ask five new questions.
- Design or freebie?
- Do you have a favoured environment light in SL?
- Did you visit other virtual worlds and if yes - which was your favourite?
- A book, a picture or a piece of music saying something great about nature?
- Which is the niciest mistake, the most popular tic in SL?
- I love to collect freebies because it makes me feel like a pirat hunting for hidden treasure chests - as far as they are good freebies. But I love well created steampunk stuff, too, and I mostly have to pay for it.
- "Radio Nostalgia", "Wastelands", "TOR FOGGY golden glow"
- I visited Twinity long time ago but I didn´t like it because it is less creative than SL.
- I love the illustrated books of the GEO magazine about landscapes or animals or wheather. So great pictures! So much details to discover!
- Crunched or dearranged avatars after a teleport.
- Do you like to combine RL with SL pictures? (Maybe an RL background and an SL scenery.)
- Do you think SL pictures can be kind of art or is it just a copy of another´s art work / creation?
- How much time do you spend weekly on taking SL photos and working in gimp / photoshop on them?
- Could you imagine to print and then to exhibit SL pictures for an RL audience?
- Do you discuss with other SL photographers or do you exchange expiriences with them?
Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012
Samstag, 12. Mai 2012
Rowan Derryth curates a urban styled apocalyptic sim on LEA 1 - A Rusted Development. Rust everywhere! Today at 2 pm PDT is the grand opening with music by Skye Galaxy. Rowan worked together with many well-known artists: Haveit Neox who coordinated the installation, Rose Borchovski, PJ Trenton, Claudia222 Jewell, Bryn Oh and some more. Haveit has written a short story on which is based the installation. Read it below.
The fabled merchant city that rode atop the back of a gigantic whale met with a calamity that ended its existence abruptly. In the middle of the ocean, a horrific storm caused two huge ships carrying toxic chemicals to collide into the swimming whale city. The whale and all the populace died in the flood of chemicals that saturated the waves. The whale turned to bones, and the city to rust, it was nearly half a century before this city adrift was discovered. An expedition of artists, searching for land to build an art colony, came upon the decomposing city. With the intent to regenerate the place, they set to work by first towing to safe harbor the floating mass. Each artist then undertook their vision. The empty shell of the city suddenly filled in and expanded as each artist found their niche in the Rusted Development. No longer at the mercy of invisibility, the city humbles its rusted façade to the highlights of the art within.
Freitag, 11. Mai 2012
|RL artist ChapTer Kronfeld - writer, painter and sculpture creator - has opened his new gallery in virtual Munich. Different views on life, art or certain aspects lead to different interpretations. Have a look on his three-dimensional pictures.|
Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012
I have received an invitation to the exhibition of Aloisio Congrejo to the COLORE Art Gallery. Jazzing - The colors of jazz is a huge art installation which can be entered. It varies in light and colour. I haven´t taken many pictures because my computer had to struggle with the actual SL lag, the loading textures and the amount of avatars visiting the event. But I have met so many great Koiuppers. That was really exciting. And I talked to LookAtMy Back, the King of Steampunk (quotation GuineV - and she was so right! - quotation me). He told me that I have been invited by him and La Baroque for taking part in an exhibition at the COLORE art gallery in june. Wow - BIG WOW - FAT WOW. I am happy!
I could take some little snapshots from Koinuppers and three pics are good enough to be blogged here. Have a look!
|"Master of Darkness" Kimm Paulino, "King of Steampunk" LookAtMy Back, "Grande Dame" La Baroque and me 1, me 2, me 3 (titles added and invented by Me)|
Sonntag, 6. Mai 2012
On May 17th at 11.00 am PDT the new gallery at the Kafé KrümelKram will be welcoming its first guests. Pol Jarvinen, Numero5 and Samina Mortensen will be showing art work. Four German poem authors will be presenting their lyrical texts.
Freitag, 4. Mai 2012
|Halloween Town is a dark comic world region in Second Life. Very worth to be visited!|
|A creepy surrounding leads you into a nightmare walk|
|This cozy coffin makes you feel like a young and fresh little vampire sleeping his afternoon nap.|
|Most of the creations are available in the nearby shop for mini money|
|Spooky agriculture invites for a relaxing walk through the fields. Keep away from the hungry pumpkins!|
|Really nice audience, isn´t it?|
HERE you can reach Halloween Town
Ever thought about visiting a comic gallery? HERE you will find Cat Tales, another comic related place in SL.
Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012
Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012
I am actually experimenting not only with light, but with shadows and mirror images, too. The sim where I have taken the snapshot is called Our Dreams - a rainy and moody city, created by Grace7 Ling.